TODAY I CAME HOME AND CHANGED IMMEDIATELY INTO MY FLEECE PYJAMAS AND THEN MADE RISOTTO FOR THE FIRST EVER TIME, AND NOW I AM CURLED UP EATING THE RISOTTO AND DRINKING THE REST OF THE CHEAP WINE THAT DOESN’T GO INTO THE RISOTTO.
THEN I WATCHED THIS EPISODE OF SEINFELD BECAUSE IT IS TOO GOOD AND ALSO I FEEL FULL AFTER THE RISOTTO ALSO. MAKE THIS IT’S DELICIOUS.
2 tbsp Earth Balance
1 small sweet onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup arborio rice
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 lemon, juiced
3 cups veggie broth
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/3 cup nutritional yeast
1 1/2 cup green vegetablessss! I chose roasted asparagus.
fresh thyme, salt, and pepper to taste!
HOW TO RISOTTO:
- Prepare whichever vegetable you’d like included in your risotto and set aside!
- In a large saucepan on medium heat, melt Earth Balance
- Toss in your diced onions until they start to brown, and throw in your minced garlic for the last thirty seconds. (If pan starts to stick, add a lil’ more Earth Balance or oil before the next step)
- Add your arborio rice and stir constantly for a couple minutes. YAY TOASTY ARBORIO RICE.
- Deglaze pan with white wine and lemon juice
- Once wine has been absorbed, start adding your veggie broth 1/2 cup at a time.
- Stir constantly until absorbed, then repeat. SING ALONG TO TAKING BACK SUNDAY WHILE YOU STIR THE RISOTTO.
- When you’ve exhausted your VEGGIE BROTH RESOURCES, do the same with your non-dairy milk. I prefer almond but I think cashew would be great too.
- When your rice is creamy and babely and most of the liquid is absorbed but it still has some bite and is NOT MUSH, add your nutritional yeast, salt and pepper to taste, and thyme (or whatever herbs really. Take this opportunity to stir in your veggies as well ❤
This serves like four people, or one Sarah Louise over the course of a couple days. Tomorrow if it lasts long enough, I may turn these into Arancini! We will see!
BEST ENJOYED WITH THE REST OF THE WINE AND SEINFELD IN CASE YOU FORGOT WHAT I SAID AT THE BEGINNING OF THE POST. ALSO I’VE DECIDED TO JUST TAG MOST OF MY INSTAGRAM POSTS WITH #VEGANMOFO2015 BECAUSE I CANNOT SEEM TO BLOG EVERYDAY BUT I SEE LOTS OF FOLKS DOING THIS DIFFERENT WAYS.